Hampton Downs (NZ) Ltd (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 9th August 2018.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products;
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
We will use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to verify your identity;
- to provide services and products to you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages you have indicated that may be of interest to you when providing your details, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to invoice you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
[We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).]
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees and other companies within our group;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our website and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving credit card payments);
- legally dependant professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our products or services;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- any person to whom our assets or business (or any part of them) are transferred;
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency); and/or
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
USING OUR WEBSITE
As noted above, we may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, and have no control over or rights in those linked websites. The privacy policies that apply to those other websites may differ substantially from our policy, so we encourage individuals to read them before using those websites.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
Subject to Section 66 of the Privacy Act 2020, we may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEO & VOICE INFORMATION
Hampton Downs (NZ) Limited (“Hampton Downs”) and its parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies now and in the future for the purpose of promoting and running events concerned and all associated legal and administrative purposes has the right to use photograph/s, video/s, voice/s and/or likeness being held and used. I acknowledge my right to access and correction of this information.
If you wish to have these images removed, revoked and/or adjusted, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
If you have a privacy complaint
If you’re not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner.
Art Dept October 30, 2018