2 Hour Race Track Run
April 19, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
2 HOUR RACE TRACK RUN
Hampton Downs and the John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation proudly join forces to present the 2 HOUR RACE TRACK RUN. This unique running event will take place at Hampton Downs on Sunday, 19th April 2020.
The event will raise funds for the charity of legendary Olympian John Walker. The John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation is a not for profit charitable trust, aimed at encouraging the young people of Auckland’s area of greatest need to pursue a more active lifestyle through sport and physical recreation that would lead to a fitter, healthier and more caring community. The foundation recently delivered their 1 millionth FREE swimming lesson, provided free of charge, in lower decile areas of the region.
The inaugural 2 HOUR RACE TRACK RUN is guaranteed to be traffic free, is relatively flat and the location is one we are pretty sure you will not have run on before – a race track! There are sweeping corners, long straights, a gradual incline and the best part – a downhill corner on Turn 1!
We all know that running for two hours is tough, so we have lined up awesome entertainment to keep you moving.
The Event is open to runners and walkers of all ages and fitness levels. The 2 Hour Race Track Run will start at 11am and finish at 1pm. The idea is to run as many laps of the 2.7km National Track at Hampton Downs as you can in two hours.
There are three options for the 2 Hour Race Track Run:
- Individual – Open to runners aged 16 years +. If you select this option you will be running the entire two hours yourself.
- Team of 2 – One member of the team will be on the track at a time. Your timing transponder will act as your team baton. Each runner must run a minimum of one lap. Beyond that you can break up the time as you please. As an example, runners could choose to alternate laps, or run for an hour and then swap. Open to runners 13 years of age and older. Runners must only swap their baton in the designated area.
- Team of 4 – One member of the team will be on the track at a time. Your timing transponder will act as your team baton. Each runner must run a minimum of one lap. Beyond that you can break up the time as you please. As an example, runners could choose to alternate laps, or run for a thirty minutes each and then swap. Open to runners 13 years of age and older. Runners must only swap their baton in the designated area.
THE FLYING LAP
Kids, start your engines! The Flying Lap consists of one high octane lap around the race track. All eyes will be on the juniors as they burn around the track. The Flying Lap is for those under the age of 13 years and will start at 1.15pm. This is one lap of the National Track – distance is 2.7km.
You/your team will have a timing transponder. Your time will be recorded as the number of complete laps you/your team complete in two hours. At the conclusion of two hours, a hooter will be sounded, at which point those still on the track, can make their way back to the start/finish area. Incomplete laps will not be counted.
2 Hour Race Track Run @ 11am
- Individual (16 years +) $40.00
- Team of 2 (13 years +) $70.00
- Team of 4 (13 years +) $120.00
The Flying Lap @ 1.15pm
- Child (under 13 years) $10.00
* Note: One lap of the track
- Entry fee
- Post race sausage sizzle
- Prize giving
- Spot prizes (must be present at prize giving to receive your prize)
- Space in a pit garage on pit lane to set up for the day
- Finisher medal
This is a fundraising event for the John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation. Make your steps count by setting up a fundraising page – link available in your booking confirmation email. Please help us raise funds by sharing your fundraising page with family, friends and anyone who will listen!
There is no minimum fundraising commitment to participate in the 2 Hour Race Track Run however we will be encouraging all participants to set a fundraising goal – because it’s fun and we know you will smash your target!
All funds raised will go to the John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation ‘Community Swim’ programme for school children. They promote ‘Water Skills for Life’.
9.30am Registration and timing transponder collection
11.00am 2 Hour Race Track Run – Start
1.00pm 2 Hour Race Track Run – Finish
1.15pm The Flying Lap – Start
1.30pm Sausage sizzle starts
2.00pm Prize giving
2.30pm Track rides available (additional cost)
Prizes will be up for grabs. Prizes include family rides in the Lexus Safety Car and passenger rides in our Lamborghini – available upon the completion of the race track run. There are also Go Kart vouchers on offer and many more prizes to be won.
Prizes will be given for performance and there are also spot prizes available. Categories include:
- Those who fund raise the most
- Best dressed – use your imagination and WOW us!
- Fastest lap
- Most laps
- Person who looks like they are having the most fun
And many more….!
Daniela Olphert March 18, 2019